The Nordic Entrepreneurship Project 2011-2013
2010, the Nordic Council of Ministers approved the Nordic cooperation programme
on innovation and industrial policy for the years 2011–2013. Nordic cooperation
has a particular focus on fields in which resources and knowhow can be
combined; alongside information dissemination, such resources and knowhow can
thereby generate added value for activities aimed at creating innovative
solutions to common challenges.
Each Nordic country is responsible for at least one flagship project, to be implemented by the end of 2013. Finland is responsible for the Entrepreneurship Project, coordinated by the Ministry of Employment and the Economy in cooperation with Nordic Innovation.
Increasing the number of growth enterprises, especially those capable of global breakthroughs, presents challenges in the Nordic countries, where the number of such firms is low in comparison to key peer countries and regions. Demographic developments and encouraging young people to pursue entrepreneurship as a career choice will be relevant issues for the Nordic countries in the near future.
Goals of the Nordic Entrepreneurship Project are:
- Exchange information of Nordic growth entrepreneurship policy initiatives and to establish a regular Nordic policy forum in this area.
- Seek new means for increased collaboration between Nordic growth entrepreneurship programmes,
- Aim at strengthening joint Nordic data and analysis for growth entrepreneurship policy development, and monitoring trends and international benchmarks of growth entrepreneurship as well as companies’ performance across the Nordic region,
- Study good practices of entrepreneurship education in the Nordic countries as a building block of new entrepreneurship.
- These pages are also available in Finnish and in Swedish -