Gender Mainstreaming Development Programme Valtava
to develop gender mainstreaming and its assessment,
to dismantle gender segregation in education and work,
to support and develop the expertise of gender equality actors and project funders,
to increase general knowledge of the gender perspective,
to support the activities of resource centres for women and female entrepreneurial potential.
Projects included in the development programme
- Entre Academy – support for entrepreneurship
- Lapin Letka – promoting gender equality in education and working life in Lapland
- Empowering women as leaders
- Women's school – integration and everyday skills for immigrant women
- Pätkät pitkiksi – from temporary to long-term work
- Reinos and Ainos – men and women for the welfare sector
- TASSU – equality and equal pay from the outset of careers
- Productivity through wellbeing at work
- Bringing labour needs and workers together in South Ostrobothnia
- Empowering women in Southwest Finland
- Virina – women into the technology industry
- Power to Care II
- Substitute service for entrepreneurs
Target groups for the development programme include project actors; regional government authorities that decide on project funding; and the personnel of third sector organisations, consultant and training organisations, companies and organisations promoting equality. Indirect target groups include the personnel of Regional Councils and municipalities and officials in Employment and Economic Development Offices.
Key measures and products
The development programme involves the production of a guidebook on mainstreaming the gender perspective; a summary of good practices in gender equality projects for application in various environments; an assessment of the gender-related impacts of structural fund decisions; and a training package on gender mainstreaming, for use by the employment and economic administration and the education administration (adult education).
Training and consulting
Through training and consulting, the development programme supports and develops the expertise of project actors and funders. Marja-Leena Haataja of KoulutusAvain Oy and Sinikka Mustakallio of WoM Oy act as the key persons for training organisations.
Gender mainstreaming in development programmes and projects - Guide for authorities and project actors: