Co-operation of the Ministry of Employment and
the economy with developing countries
and Economic development administration is a global actor. The employment and
economic development administration is now expanding its development cooperation,
and the administrative sector's development policy strategy was published in
the autumn of 2009.
The main objective of the strategy is the sustainable promotion of economic growth, competitiveness, the renewal of business life, employment and consequently well-being, in both developing countries and Finland, through employment and economic policy-based cooperation. Numerous developing countries are at a phase where generating sustainable economic and social development requires heavy investments in employment and economic policy. The Finnish employment and economic development administration is contributing to this development in cooperation with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
The priority areas of the strategy are:
- internationalisation of enterprises, promotion of export and innovation policy,
- climate change, energy and forestry sectors,
- expertise in the water sector,
- exploration of natural resources located in the soil,
- employment and entrepreneurship, the quality of working life and migration issues,
- regional development.