Strategic Programmes and Flagship Projects
The Ministry of Employment and the Economy has several broad-based projects and programmes under way, under the auspices of the Government Programme. The MEE is either partly or fully in charge of a total of around 40 Government Programme flagship projects.
Through strategic programmes, reforms are being launched and
implemented under certain overarching themes, innovative models are being
created, and new development areas are being pinpointed.
Major social challenges lie in the background of these strategic projects. Such challenges are being responded to by implementing the required concrete reforms.
The following strategic programmes are currently active under the Government Programme:
- Welfare Service Development Programme - HYVÄ
- Strategic Programme for the Forest Sector - MSO
- Strategic Programme for Structural Change and Well-functioning Labour Market - RTT
- Strategic Programme for the Cleantech Business - CSO
- Working Life 2020 Project
Other flagship projects
Other key flagship projects in which the MEE is widely involved, or is responsible for, include:
- Social Guarantee for Young People
- Prevention of Grey Economy
- Material Efficiency Programme
- Energy and Climate Roadmap 2050
Strategic implementation plan
The three priorities of Jyrki Katainen's Government are the prevention of poverty, inequality and social exclusion; the consolidation of the public finances; and the strengthening of sustainable economic growth, employment and competitiveness. The Ministry of Employment and the Economy is coordinating the final of these priorities.
The strategic implementation plan for the Government Programme further specifies the key targets, flagship projects and preparation responsibilities for priority areas, in the form of integrated, cross-administrative strategic policies.